Virgin Mary Bomber Jacket
Brand Embers / Cinders
- Baroque silk jacket with Virgin Mary imagery and sparkling gold lurex polka-dots through out!
- If Dolce and Gabbana had to design custom jacket for a devoutly Catholic boy band in the 90s, who were popping off their first ever tour with a barn-burning opener at Vatican city, these would be that fever dream of a bomber jacket.
- The jacket has a high mock neck collar, with a chunky zip front closure, hidden by a flap of fabric embellished with gold tone Medusa-head buttons at the top and bottom.
- Predominantly black, maroon pops of color accent the flap front, the collar, the cuffs and the bottom band.
- Images of the Virgin Mary in full length are shown on each sleeve as well as across the back. Smaller roundels show Mary in profile, head and shoulders only, across each side. of the chest. While fanciful and ornate golden scrolls and gilding embellish the spaces between.
- The jacket has hidden slash pockets at each side.
- More Medusa head buttons decorate each cuff.
- The jacket is fully lined in acetate.
ERA / 1980s
LABEL / Bravo
COLOR / Black, with maroon, yellow, light blue, and metallic gold.
MATERIAL / Silk with poly blend (poly likely takes the form of the golden lurex dots and accents across the face of the jacket) with an acetate lining.
CONDITION / Excellent, no issues of note.
SIZE / Approximate size Large. Please see measurements below for a better idea of fit.
FIT / Relaxed, oversized fit with banded bottom and cuffs at each wrist.
MEASUREMENTS / Chest - up to 50" / Waist - 36" - 38" / Length - 26"