This item is sold. This item was part of a charity auction with 100% of the proceeds going to the Marsha P. Johnson Institute.
- - -
This is a custom Hand Painted "Rainbow of Nudes" Coat with Gold Leather Details
- Heavy weight art canvas coat with hand painted female figure studies in what feels and presents like acrylic paint
- Gold leather neckline, collar, front placket, piping and side panels
- Huge inset pockets
- Shoulder Pads
- There are no tags or signatures, unfortunately
- Unlined which is actually great to see some of the brushwork of the acrylic painting from the other side of the fabric
- Dancing, reclining, female forms rendered in bright colors with occasional flecks of metallic paint
- LOVE that some of the women are donning high heels
- Only issue is one small nick in the gold leather if you fold up the collar, which is truly minuscule and does not affect overall presentation. Please see last picture.
- - -
ERA / 1980s
LABEL / No label or artist signature
COLOR / Rainbow and gold
MATERIAL / Heavy art canvas with metallic gold leather
CONDITION / Excellent, only one tiny area of wear under the collar of flipped up.
SIZE / One size fits most
Please see measurements below for a better idea of fit.
FIT / relaxed fit cocoon coat.
MEASUREMENTS / Chest - up to 50" / Waist - up to 50" / Hips - up to 50" / Length - 42"