Painter's Smock Novelty Print Tunic or Micromini Dress
Brand Embers /Cinders
- Novelty print art imitates life in this darling painter's smock featuring a print of a painter posing in a chair and in their studio, wearing what appears to be an eerily similar (in cut anyway, not print) painters smock?
- Cotton plissé in white and all over novelty print. With squares of gold, olive green, purple and orange, interspersed with sketchy illustrations of a painter in a beret. Print also has more sketches of smaller rectangles and what appear to be windows. It's a playful novelty with lots to entertain the eye.
- This is a smock, which means, there is only a three button closure of large purple. molded buttons at the yoke and the top of the chest. The rest of the smock is left open.
- Smock can be worn with the buttons to the front or the back, as both sides have a large, flat front pocket.
- Yoke neck, with peter pan collar and bracelet length sleeves.
- Each cuff is fitted with freshly replaced elastic.
- Relaxed fit through the bust, flaring out into a tent cut, with very roomy waist and hip.
ERA / 1950s to 1960s
LABEL / Tags are all washed out and no longer readable
COLOR / White with yellow, olive, orange and purple
MATERIAL / Feels like cotton or blend
CONDITION / Very good for age. Clean with no obvious signs of wear or tear.
SIZE / One size fits many.
Please see measurements below for a better idea of fit.
FIT / Yoke neck, with peter pan collar and bracelet length sleeves. Each cuff is fitted with freshly replaced elastic. Relaxed fit through the bust, flaring out into a tent cut, with very roomy waist and hip. Partial closure only, with three buttons along the top of the chest, with the rest of the smock open.
MEASUREMENTS / Chest - 42" / Waist - 48" / Hips - 52" / Length - 31.5"